Wild Marinated Rabbit
- Choose a pan that is equal to the volumen and depth needed for the recipe.
- Pour a dash of extra virgin olive oil and fry the chopped vegetables, about 10 minutes.
- Add to the pan, two red peppers, garlic, the herbal bouquet, vinegra, dry Sherry, oil, water and mix everything very well. Add and spread out the rabbit cuts equally in the pan, they should be completely covered by the marinade. Do not stir. It has to be cooked very slowly, for the first 30 minutes with the lid covered and 60 minutes, with the pan uncovered. Remove the pan from the heat and add salt to taste, if necessary.
- Reserve the rabbit cuts in a container suitable for this dish, preferably a glass casserole dish. Remover the herbal bouquet. Strain the marinade over the rabbit and make sure it is completely covered. Reserve in the refrigerator, well covered. (For best results, the marinade can be reserved in the refrigerator for ut to 5 days).
PER A 4 PERSONES
- 1.200 Kg of wild rabbit cut into 12 regular pieces
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 leek finely chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic ( with skin) crushed
- 3 g of sweet and red pepper
- 1 g of hor red pepper
- an herbal bouquet tied with: oregano, bay leaf and thyme
- 100 ml Sherry vinegar
- 50 ml of dry Sherry
- 700 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 300 ml of mineral water
- salt and black pepper
The recipe is also valid for martinating farmed chicken, fowl, pigeons or quail. Marinade is a magnificent gourmet resourse to have in the fridge. You can enjoy it cold, boned or added to a sándwich or accompanied by a rice or pasta salad. Or hot accompanied with beans or cooked potatoes.
Mussel soup, veggies, rice and noodles
- Carme´s recommended technique to clean and open de mussels: Wash the mussels under tap water. Pick up each mussel and check that it´s firmly closed. Discard any mussels that are open ( that´s very important).Scrub each mussel clean with a stiff brush to get rid of any barnacles, pulling off the hairy " beard" that sticks out from the shell, if it has one. Put a large pot with 4 liters of mineral water on the stove. Once the mussels are clean and free of barnacles and hari add 20 to the pot. It is important that the water doesn´t reach a boiling point. They should be steamed. When you observe them making a slight gesture of opening, quickly remove the with a metal ladle and store them on a tray. Repeat this process until all the mussels have been cooked. Now remove the mussel itself from each Shell. You only need to remove the meat from the cloves, check that no mussels hold their beards and place them in the refrigerator, covered with water, which the have poured into the tray inside the muscles, well with a cloth. With this technique mussels or clams can be a great appetizer, pairin with whole grains with cloves and seasoned with a vinaigrette or with lemon or lime.
- In a pot with hot oil, fry all the vegetables except the peas for two minutes. Remove carefully.
- Add rice to the pot, the " tied bouquet" and 2 liters of boiling mineral water, let it cook 9 minutes over medium heat.
- Add noodles and peas, continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Now add the mussels reserved in the refrigerator, leave cooking for 1 more minute. Mix delicately and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the tied bouquet and the Mussel soup is ready to serve!
FOR 4 SERVINGS
- 2 kilos of fresh rock mussels
- 4 carrots in julienne
- 4 large leeks in julienne
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 2 onions
- 20 centimeters of White stalk celery
- 100 g of very tender peas
- A bouquet tied with: parsley, 6 saffron slices and 1/2 bay leaf.
- 100 g of rice
- 100 g number 2 noodles
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- White pepper
It is a scandalously colored and scented soup of sean and orchard, with an unusual and mangnificent texture of enjoying mussels. ( The recipe allows for variants, you can make it with clams, cockles or razors).
Carme Ruscalleda: The essence of Taste
Carme Ruscalleda: tradition and avant-garde
Catalonia´s culinary ambassador to the world
Palau Robert is holding an exhibition on Carme Ruscallea, the internationally renowned chef whose culinary creations at her restaurant in Sant Pol de Mar, Sant Pau, bridged the gap between traditional and avant- garde cuisine.
The " Carme Ruscalleda. The Essence of Taste" exhibition will be open to the public Hall 3 from 26 March to 29 September. It is organised by the Directorate- General for Dissemination, cured by Anna Alberni and sponsored by the Catalan multinational food company Gallina Blanca.
Place: Palau Robert, Information Center of Catalonia.
Adress: Passeig de Gracia, 107, 08008, Barcelona.
Hall 3 from 26 March to 29 September of 2019.