- Only organic roses ( i.e. garden roses not chemically treated) can be used for this recipe. Best being dark pink, garnet, fucsia, or red.
- Unfold the petals gently by hand. With scissors, trim gently the lower part of the petal that has been de the most handled. You must get 250 grams of petals cut from the bottom.
- Put the petals in a bowl that is suitable for food and cover them with mineral water. Leave to soak for two hours. This will moisture the petals and perfume the water.
- After the hydration time, strain and reserve the petals. Also reserve the scented water.
- In a saucepan, add the sugar, lemon juice and 125 ml. of the scented water of the hydrated roses. Set on medium heat on burners and bring to boil. Add the hydrated petals and let simmer on low heat, very slowly. Leave the marmalade for 10 minutes like this.
- Store the jam as you usually do at home. I recommend a twist off jar, clean and dry. Fill it up to the top, cover it and turn it over. Store it for best results in the refrigerator. Label the jar with the name of the roses you have preserved.
PARA 4 PERSONAS
- 250 g organic rose petals
- 750 ml mineral water
- 380 g sugar
- 30 ml lemon juice
" EMPEDRAT" Vegetalbe Bean Medley
- Delicately mix all the ingredients in portions as indicated by the recipe. Season with the vinaigrette and serve.
- OPTIONAL: pour over the cod fillets, or the king prawns with olive oil. Store in the refrigerator. Enjoy at home, at picnic, on the beach, in the mountains or in your tupperware for work.
PARA 4 PERSONAS:
- 250 g Ganxet beans ( Catalan origin white beans or similar) ( well cooked, well drained).
- 250 g Sastre beans ( Catalan origin or similar) ( well cooked, well drained)
- 250 g chickpeas ( well cooked, well drained)
- 200 g ripe tomato (1x1 cm pulp)
- 200 g tender onion (minced to 0.5 cm)
- 100 g green pepper ( chopped 0.5 cm)
- 100 g red pepper ( chopped 0.5 cm)
- 100 g yellow pepper ( chopped 0.5 cm)
- 150 g Sevillan green olives ( without pit and cut 1/3)
- 150 g of black olives of Aragon ( without pit and cut 1/3)
- 125 g extra virgin olive oil
- 20 stems of chives chopped 1cm
- 20 small parsley leaves, chopped
- 40 g of Sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of Pommery Meaux mustard ( grated)
Carme Ruscalleda: The essence of Taste
Carme Ruscalleda: tradition and avant-garde
Catalonia´s culinary ambassador to the world
Palau Robert is holding an exhibition on Carme Ruscallea, the internationally renowned chef whose culinary creations at her restaurant in Sant Pol de Mar, Sant Pau, bridged the gap between traditional and avant- garde cuisine.
The " Carme Ruscalleda. The Essence of Taste" exhibition will be open to the public Hall 3 from 26 March to 29 September. It is organised by the Directorate- General for Dissemination, cured by Anna Alberni and sponsored by the Catalan multinational food company Gallina Blanca.
Place: Palau Robert, Information Center of Catalonia.
Adress: Passeig de Gracia, 107, 08008, Barcelona.
Hall 3 from 26 March to 29 September of 2019.