- Only organic roses ( i.e. garden roses not chemically treated) can be used for this recipe. Best being dark pink, garnet, fucsia, or red.
- Unfold the petals gently by hand. With scissors, trim gently the lower part of the petal that has been de the most handled. You must get 250 grams of petals cut from the bottom.
- Put the petals in a bowl that is suitable for food and cover them with mineral water. Leave to soak for two hours. This will moisture the petals and perfume the water.
- After the hydration time, strain and reserve the petals. Also reserve the scented water.
- In a saucepan, add the sugar, lemon juice and 125 ml. of the scented water of the hydrated roses. Set on medium heat on burners and bring to boil. Add the hydrated petals and let simmer on low heat, very slowly. Leave the marmalade for 10 minutes like this.
- Store the jam as you usually do at home. I recommend a twist off jar, clean and dry. Fill it up to the top, cover it and turn it over. Store it for best results in the refrigerator. Label the jar with the name of the roses you have preserved.
PARA 4 PERSONAS
- 250 g organic rose petals
- 750 ml mineral water
- 380 g sugar
- 30 ml lemon juice