Truffle, potato, and onion spanish omelette
- Fry the onion in a pan with the 50 g of pork lard until golden. Drain the onion and place it aside.
- Peel and cut thick slices of truffle and add to the onion mix while still warm. Add the salt and freshly ground pepper and put it and the cooking fat aside.
- Peel the potatoes and chop roughly into 2cm chunks. Wash, dry then fry in a generous amount of olive oil so that they are well covered at 150 celsius until they are golden brown.
- Drain the potatoes from the oil and season lightly with salt.
- Beat 8 eggs in a wide bowl and season lightly with salt. Add the potatoes, onion and truffle and mix well.
- Put a non-stick pan tailored to the omelette size on medium heat with two tablespoons of the oil used to cook the onions.
- Carefully place the potato-onion-truffle mixture into the frying pan and spread out evenly. Allow the egg to cook around the edges. Carefully turn the omelette over. Brown slightly on both sides to reach desired consistency, either with a creamy soft inside or well done.
- When it is finished, turn off the stove, place a large dinner plate upside down over the frying pan. Briskly flip the pan over and let the omelette fall onto the plate. Leave it to set for a few minutes and then serve!
1 kg potatoes
(Kennebec, Monalisa or Buffet variety)
200 g julienned onion
50 g high quality pork lard
8 organic eggs
1 melanosporum truffle 50 g
(or two of 25 g)
extra virgin olive oil
a pinch of salt & black pepper