Wild Boar with Artichokes
- The day before, cut the meat into cubes of 2x2 cm. Put it in a jar, add the white vermouth, cover with cooking film and let it marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Mix the carrot, onion, leek, tomato, garlic, juniper and olive oil for sutee all together on low heat, with the measured oil for about 30 minutes. Season it and set aside.
- Prepare the boar stew. ( cook in a casserole dish large enough for all the ingredients). Fry de well- drained dices form the marinade, lightly floured and salted, with the hot grease.They should cook until golden. Try frying the meat dices in two batches to get darker and more golden color of the meat. Reserve them.
- In the same cassole with the remaining grease of the fried meat, put the sautee with and the rest of the vermouth drained from the marinade. Let it cook all together for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Add the sealed meat and add mineal water to cover it. Protect the stew by putting a sheet of oven paper in contact with the stew; this will help to keep the juices. Cover the cassole and cook on a very low heat for about 2 hours.
- Add the artichokes, salt and water if needed. Let is stew for 15 minutes. Serve.
PER A 4 PERSONES
- 600 g of boar ( shoulder, neck or thigh)
- 250 g of sweet White Vermouth
- 100 g pork fat
- salt and pepper
- wheat flour
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 very finely chopped leek
- 1 grated ripe tomato
- 1 clove of finely chopped garlic
- 2 minced juniper seeds
- 50 g extra virgin olive oil
- 12 artichokes, peeled and polished hearts, cutted in two.