Wild Marinated Rabbit
- Choose a pan that is equal to the volumen and depth needed for the recipe.
- Pour a dash of extra virgin olive oil and fry the chopped vegetables, about 10 minutes.
- Add to the pan, two red peppers, garlic, the herbal bouquet, vinegra, dry Sherry, oil, water and mix everything very well. Add and spread out the rabbit cuts equally in the pan, they should be completely covered by the marinade. Do not stir. It has to be cooked very slowly, for the first 30 minutes with the lid covered and 60 minutes, with the pan uncovered. Remove the pan from the heat and add salt to taste, if necessary.
- Reserve the rabbit cuts in a container suitable for this dish, preferably a glass casserole dish. Remover the herbal bouquet. Strain the marinade over the rabbit and make sure it is completely covered. Reserve in the refrigerator, well covered. (For best results, the marinade can be reserved in the refrigerator for ut to 5 days).
PER A 4 PERSONES
- 1.200 Kg of wild rabbit cut into 12 regular pieces
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 leek finely chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic ( with skin) crushed
- 3 g of sweet and red pepper
- 1 g of hor red pepper
- an herbal bouquet tied with: oregano, bay leaf and thyme
- 100 ml Sherry vinegar
- 50 ml of dry Sherry
- 700 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 300 ml of mineral water
- salt and black pepper
The recipe is also valid for martinating farmed chicken, fowl, pigeons or quail. Marinade is a magnificent gourmet resourse to have in the fridge. You can enjoy it cold, boned or added to a sándwich or accompanied by a rice or pasta salad. Or hot accompanied with beans or cooked potatoes.