COD, POTATO AND CABBAGE HOTPOT
- Add the mineral water, potatoes and just the right amount of salt to a pot, cover and heat over the stove. Bring it to a boil and let it cook over medium heat for 12 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, cover and continue boiling for another 8 minutes.
- Lower the heat to a minimum, add the cod fillets and cook for another 30 seconds. Remove the pot from the stove, keeping it covered, and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend together the egg, garlic, oil and a pinch of salt to make a mayonnaise. When the mayonnaise is nice and creamy, mix in 600 ml of the hotpot broth until you achieve a smooth texture. The result will be a thin, creamy white sauce loaded with flavour.
Serve the hotpot in soup plates, evenly distributing the hot, well-strained potatoes, cabbage and cod fillets, and garnish with a generous serving of creamy white sauce.
- 1 kg potatoes, cut into even slices, roughly 2-cm thick
- 2 small green heads of cabbage, leafless and trimmed from the stalk
- 3 l mineral water
- 4 fillets of desalted cod loin, around 200 g each
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 200 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg