EMPEDRAT with beans, chickpeas, vegetables and olives
- Gently mix together all the chopped ingredients as indicated in the recipe, dress with the vinaigrette and serve on a presentation tray.
- OPTIONAL: On top of the mixture, add pieces of desalted cod (250 g, making sure there is just a touch of salt to it) and cut into 3 × 0.5 × 0.5 cm sticks. You can also do the same using 12 prawn tails that have been dipped in boiling water, removed from their shell and dressed with olive oil.
- 250 g Ganxet beans, well-cooked and strained
- 250 g green beans, well-cooked and strained
- 250 g chickpeas (well-cooked and strained)
- 200 g ripe tomato pulp, diced into 1 x 1 cm pieces
- 200 g spring onion, diced into 0.5 x 0.5 cm pieces
- 100 g green pepper, diced into 0.5 x 0.5 cm pieces
- 100 g red pepper, diced into 0.5 x 0.5 cm pieces
- 100 g yellow pepper, diced into 0.5 x 0.5 cm pieces
- 150 g stoneless Sevillian green olives, cut into thirds
- 150 g stoneless Aragonese black olives, cut into thirds
For the vinaigrette:
- 125 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 20 chive stems, chopped into 1 cm pieces
- 20 parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 40 ml sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Pommery wholegrain mustard
Keep the dish in the fridge and enjoy it at home or at a picnic at the beach or up in the mountains. It can also easily be brought to work in a Tupperware container.