Mussel soup, veggies, rice and noodles
- Carme´s recommended technique to clean and open de mussels: Wash the mussels under tap water. Pick up each mussel and check that it´s firmly closed. Discard any mussels that are open ( that´s very important).Scrub each mussel clean with a stiff brush to get rid of any barnacles, pulling off the hairy " beard" that sticks out from the shell, if it has one. Put a large pot with 4 liters of mineral water on the stove. Once the mussels are clean and free of barnacles and hari add 20 to the pot. It is important that the water doesn´t reach a boiling point. They should be steamed. When you observe them making a slight gesture of opening, quickly remove the with a metal ladle and store them on a tray. Repeat this process until all the mussels have been cooked. Now remove the mussel itself from each Shell. You only need to remove the meat from the cloves, check that no mussels hold their beards and place them in the refrigerator, covered with water, which the have poured into the tray inside the muscles, well with a cloth. With this technique mussels or clams can be a great appetizer, pairin with whole grains with cloves and seasoned with a vinaigrette or with lemon or lime.
- In a pot with hot oil, fry all the vegetables except the peas for two minutes. Remove carefully.
- Add rice to the pot, the " tied bouquet" and 2 liters of boiling mineral water, let it cook 9 minutes over medium heat.
- Add noodles and peas, continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Now add the mussels reserved in the refrigerator, leave cooking for 1 more minute. Mix delicately and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the tied bouquet and the Mussel soup is ready to serve!
FOR 4 SERVINGS
- 2 kilos of fresh rock mussels
- 4 carrots in julienne
- 4 large leeks in julienne
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 2 onions
- 20 centimeters of White stalk celery
- 100 g of very tender peas
- A bouquet tied with: parsley, 6 saffron slices and 1/2 bay leaf.
- 100 g of rice
- 100 g number 2 noodles
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- White pepper
It is a scandalously colored and scented soup of sean and orchard, with an unusual and mangnificent texture of enjoying mussels. ( The recipe allows for variants, you can make it with clams, cockles or razors).