- Pull of the ñoras in the middle, remove the peduncle and sedes. Hydrate them in warm water for 15 minutes.
- Put the tomatoes and garlic in a small bowl, cover it and cook in the microwave for about 4 minutes.
- Grind the pulp of hydrated ñoras, pulp of tomatoes and pulp of cooked garlic, hazelnuts, almonds, oil, vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper until a homogeneous mixture.Reserve.
- In a pot large enough to hold the soup, fry the escarole lettuce with the oil for one minute. Season lightly with salt and set it aside.
- Add the croutons, broken into small pieces, and sautee everything together for only 30 seconds.
- Add the xató sauce and hot water, when the water is boiling, reduce to low heat, cover and leave for three minutes.
- Blend the soup in a blender for two minutes, season lightly with salt and pepper if needed. Serve!
PER A 4 PERSONES
- 2 ripe and small tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of garlic, unpressed
- 2 ñoras ( sweet and dried red peppers)
- 20 g of toasted almonds
- 20 g of toasted and peeled hazelnuts
- 60 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 50 ml of cava vinegar
- 1 L water
- 50 g olive oil
- 40 g wholemeal croutons
- 50 g escarole lettuce in chiffonade ( the yellow leaves)