On this page are our suggestions based on culinary, healthy & cultural concepts.
- Fry the onion in a pan with the 50 g of pork lard until golden. Drain the onion and place it aside.
- Peel and cut thick slices of truffle and add to the onion mix while still warm. Add the salt and freshly ground pepper and put it and the cooking fat aside.
- Peel the potatoes and chop roughly into 2cm chunks. Wash, dry then fry in a generous amount of olive oil so that they are well covered at 150 celsius until they are golden brown.
- Drain the potatoes from the oil and season lightly with salt.
- Beat 8 eggs in a wide bowl and season lightly with salt. Add the potatoes, onion and truffle and mix well.
- Put a non-stick pan tailored to the omelette size on medium heat with two tablespoons of the oil used to cook the onions.
- Carefully place the potato-onion-truffle mixture into the frying pan and spread out evenly. Allow the egg to cook around the edges. Carefully turn the omelette over. Brown slightly on both sides to reach desired consistency, either with a creamy soft inside or well done.
- When it is finished, turn off the stove, place a large dinner plate upside down over the frying pan. Briskly flip the pan over and let the omelette fall onto the plate. Leave it to set for a few minutes and then serve!
1 kg potatoes
(Kennebec, Monalisa or Buffet variety)
200 g julienned onion
50 g high quality pork lard
8 organic eggs
1 melanosporum truffle 50 g
(or two of 25 g)
extra virgin olive oil
a pinch of salt & black pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat the water on a medium-high temperature.
- Bring to the boil and add all the vegetables, a pinch of salt and cook for 9 minutes.
- When it’s finished you have 2 options: option 1: Drain and season the vegetables with olive oil and eat them and the broth seperately. option 2: Eat the soup with the vegetables like Minestrone soup.
FOR 1 SERVING
100 g julienned onion
80 g julienned celery
80 g julienned artichoke
2 small bunches of finely chopped parsley
600 ml water
a pinch of salt
Painter by profession but photographer by vocation, Yamamoto Masao shows deliberately aged small format photographs, in order to try to evoke happy memories and reflections on life.
The famed Japanese photographer Yamamoto Masao, latest exhibit, Microcosm-Macrocosm" was inaugurated in Barcelona on October 25, 2018. Masao has toured Barcelona twice before.
Valid Foto Gallery is taking us on a journey through Yamamoto´s career starting with the “Box of Ku” and “Nazazora”, continuing with his more recent series “Kawa” and “Shizura” and ending with his latest serie “Bonsai”.
Date: October 25, 2018 to January 25, 2019.
Location: Valid Foto Gallery, Buenaventura Muñoz 6, 08018 Barcelona.